Last updated: July 14, 2014
NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the U.S. federal government.
- This policy covers how the Company treats personal information that the website having the URL www.ecommerceweekly.com (the “Website”) collects and receives, including information related to your past use of any EcommerceWeekly.com services, as well as non-personal information collected from the Website. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number.
Information Collection and Use
- The Company collects personal information from you only when you choose to share it with us, such as when you register with EcommerceWeekly.com, when you sign-up for more information regarding e-commerce news and webinars on the Website, or when you use EcommerceWeekly.com products or services. We may also combine information we have about you with information we receive from business partners or other companies. For instance, we may offer a special promotion or service in conjunction with a business partner if your permission is provided. Our goal is to provide you, the user, with great service and products, and a customer-friendly experience using our service and on our site. This includes online shopping, interactive communications, and many other types of services.
- We collect personal information from you as follows: When you register for a webinar, or when you sign up for our newsletter, we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, home address and other similar contact information. In certain instances when you make purchases through the Website, we may collect payment information that includes your credit card number, expiration date and billing address. The Company also collects information from Affiliate Sign-Up forms and such information is used for the purpose for which it was collected, such as to communicate with you regarding your registration.
o Fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our services.
o Remind us of who you are on return visits in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you first visit Website.
o Estimate our audience size and measure traffic patterns regarding usage of the Company’s network of Web sites. Each browser accessing the Website is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
o Track the number of entries in our promotions.
o Customize the advertising and content you see.
- If you are uncomfortable having a cookie placed on your system, you may elect to turn off the cookie or delete existing cookies in your browser. If you turn off or delete the EcommerceWeekly.com cookie, you may not be able to receive special offers or personalized content from the Company.
- The Company technology does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals from your browser. However, the practices of our partners and other third-party providers may change as a result of this feature being utilized.
Information Use Sharing and Customer Choice
- The Company (through EcommerceWeekly.com or otherwise) does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, or under the following circumstances:
o We provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Stamps.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help the Company communicate with you, for example, an e-mail service provider that helps the Company administer e-mails or a third party calling service. These companies are acting on behalf of Stamps.com, and may not use or share this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We share information we believe is needed in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, actual fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Stamps.com’s Service Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- The Company may, from time to time, communicate with you regarding our products and services, or those of our partners, that we feel may be of interest to you. Stamps.com may send special offers and updates, newsletters, service-related announcements and customer service emails.
- Only the Company (or agents working on behalf of the Company and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these communications.
- If you do not want to receive promotional information, simply notify us by opting-out of future correspondence. We will provide you clear instructions on how to opt-out in the welcome email we send you, and in any subsequent emails you may receive
- Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related announcements and customer service emails, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees or contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Blogs. Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us as set forth below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- In the event the Company materially changes the way it collects or uses personally identifiable information, we will notify users via email or by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days prior to the change becoming effective.
Access and Data Retention
- We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
C/O Stamps.com Inc.
1990 E. Grand Ave
El Segundo, CA 90245-5013